Sunday, June 12, 2011

Marathon!


Surprise, 

I am running the 2011 ING New York City Marathon! 

I can't tell you how excited I am about this! 

Recently I decided for certain that running a marathon was on my list of things to do in my life. I've run 2 half marathons, and truly love the training (ok, not everything about it - but overall, its really really good for me!) The structure and discipline of it appeals to my orderly, perfectionist side.

I come from a running background. My Dad, Johnny, was a professional runner. He ran a 2:11:46  marathon (the current world record is 2:03:59), a 1:03:59 half marathon, a sub-four minute mile. You can read more about him here. Needless to say, running is a huge part of my family's culture, and I love that.
Unfortunately for me, pure running talent does not appear to exist in my legs. I am terribly, horribly slow in comparison to so many of my amazing friends and family! Still, I am determined to make a respectable go at this. 

And I'd love your help.

As you know, we are adopting siblings internationally. We knew going into it all the financial barriers we would face, and it has been absolutely amazing to see how God has richly provided for us so far. We have been able to pay every bill in full, and right on time. All glory belongs to God in this. Now that we are finished with our dossier, we have about a year before referral - if everything goes according to the timelines we were given. In that year, we need to have the largest portion of funds ready to go, so that we can accept our referral and move forward. We also need to be ready for plane tickets and one month's worth of accommodations. We are fully trusting God for this, and have no doubt that He will provide. 

And here is where you come in...I am launching a "Sponsor a Marathon Mile" fundraiser to get ready for the airfare and accommodation costs specifically. We are expecting this to be in the neighborhood of $7,000. During marathon training, I'm expecting to run around 750 miles. If every mile is "sponsored" at $10 per mile, we will get there easily! 

If you'd like to sponsor a mile, click on the PayPal "donate" button to the right. PayPal is easy and secure and you don't need an account with them to donate, just a credit card. If you could fill in the purpose line with how many miles you are sponsoring, and if they are regular or race day miles, that would be fantastic.

Each mile is $10. A race day mile is $25. 

The New York City Marathon allows you to follow me online live on race day, so I will be sure to share my bib number. You'll be able to see my times at all the check points and cheer me on from home. 
I'll also be keeping you all updated through training.

I would be incredibly humbled to have your support through a donation, prayer, and cheers! You are absolutely the best family and friends a girl could ask for.

Love, 

Caitlin

P.S. You can also support our adoption through BrightJuly on Etsy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...